- Fri, 26 Dec 2008 18:40:47 +0000: Creating The Perfect Playoff Plan (Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The BCS) - MrSEC » X Statistics and Analysis
I want a college football playoff. Let’s say that right up front. I think it’s ridiculous to think that there is one sport in all the world that is NOT [...]
The post Creating The Perfect Playoff Plan (Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The BCS) appeared first on MrSEC.
- Tue, 16 Dec 2008 22:08:37 +0000: MrSEC’s BCS National Title Game Prediction (Our Fuzzy Math Never Fails) - MrSEC » X Statistics and Analysis
Let me start out by saying that this is hardly an accurate way to predict the outcome of a ballgame. So before any stats majors start sending me nasty emails [...]
The post MrSEC’s BCS National Title Game Prediction (Our Fuzzy Math Never Fails) appeared first on MrSEC.
- Tue, 05 Aug 2008 22:09:00 +0000: RUSHING, PASSING, OR STOPPING THE RUSH OR PASS: WHAT’S THE BIGGEST KEY TO VICTORY IN THE SEC? - MrSEC » X Statistics and Analysis
The old adage says that you have to be able to run the football and stop the run to win in the SEC. But that was before Steve Spurrier entered [...]
The post RUSHING, PASSING, OR STOPPING THE RUSH OR PASS: WHAT’S THE BIGGEST KEY TO VICTORY IN THE SEC? appeared first on MrSEC.
- Mon, 07 Jul 2008 13:03:00 +0000: THE BEST OF THE BEST OF THE BEST IN SEC FOOTBALL - MrSEC » X Statistics and Analysis
Last week, Jimmy Hyams broke down the records of the SEC’s best football programs over the past 25 years. This week, another panelist on “The Sports Source” tv show (which [...]
- Mon, 16 Jun 2008 22:08:00 +0000: RECRUITING RANKINGS NOT PERFECT, BUT THEY DO PROVIDE HINTS TO SUCCESS - MrSEC » X Statistics and Analysis
Every February, SEC fans go ga-ga over recruiting rankings. It’s the equivalent of baseball’s hot stove league… when every team still has a chance, still has reason to hope. But [...]
The post RECRUITING RANKINGS NOT PERFECT, BUT THEY DO PROVIDE HINTS TO SUCCESS appeared first on MrSEC.
- Fri, 28 Aug 2015 18:43:00 +0000: Gerri Green ready to step into action for Mississippi State - The Sun Herald -- Mississippi State
STARKVILLE -- At Greenville High School, Gerri Green was a man amongst boys. The 6-foot-4, 230-pound athlete could run like a deer and hit like a Mack truck. He had…
- Wed, 26 Aug 2015 04:00:00 +0000: Rick Cleveland: Many of Mississippi's finest writers wrote sports first - The Sun Herald -- Mississippi State
Our state's literary excellence was on impressive display this past weekend during the remarkably successful Mississippi Book Festival. The Magnolia State's tradition of renowned authors rivals our tradition of world-class…
- Tue, 25 Aug 2015 19:46:00 +0000: Ole Miss, Mississippi State land 10 combined players on Preseason Coaches All-SEC teams - The Sun Herald -- Mississippi State
Mississippi's SEC representation was well represented on 2015 Preseason Coaches All-Southeastern Conference Football Teams.
- Sat, 22 Aug 2015 23:16:00 +0000: MSU's Joe Morrow enters senior campaign with chance at career season - The Sun Herald -- Mississippi State
After serving as the big man on campus at Ocean Springs during his high school career, college hit wide receiver Joe Morrow like a ton of bricks.
- Thu, 20 Aug 2015 17:41:00 +0000: Mississippi State transfer Stapleton out for six months with knee injury - The Sun Herald -- Mississippi State
Xavian Stapleton, who is sitting out the 2015-16 campaign due to NCAA transfer rules, tore both his ACL and meniscus in his left knee on Monday during a pickup game…
- Wed, 12 Aug 2015 15:24:00 +0000: College football Betting 101: Importance of capping coaching changes - Covers.com: NCAAF News and Stories
Part II on this Betting 101 series focuses on handicapping teams undergoing coaching changes, whether that be head coaches or coordinators, and how they will adjust to new schemes and systems in the early NCAAF schedule:
- Tue, 11 Aug 2015 12:56:00 +0000: College football Betting 101: Importance of capping QB changes - Covers.com: NCAAF News and Stories
Part I on this Betting 101 series focuses on handicapping teams with new starting quarterbacks – the most important position on the field when it comes to covering the spread and deciding the Over/Under.
- Mon, 03 Aug 2015 15:18:00 +0000: MAC conference college football betting preview: Can NIU be dethroned? - Covers.com: NCAAF News and Stories
Covers Expert Will Rogers breaks down the season win totals and conference champion odds for the Mid-American Conference, which has been won by the Northern Illinois Huskies four of the last five seasons. But there are a few teams knocking on the doo...
- Mon, 03 Aug 2015 13:17:00 +0000: SEC conference college football betting preview: Surprise, surprise, Alabama is the team to beat - Covers.com: NCAAF News and Stories
Covers Expert Will Rogers breaks down the SEC giving his advice on season win totals and odds on winning the toughest conference in college football and is it any surprise that Alabama tops the list of contenders.
- Tue, 28 Jul 2015 15:53:00 +0000: See spot. See spot bet: This week's best spot bets - Covers.com: NCAAF News and Stories
Spot bets are classic handicapping practices that have proven profitable no matter what sport you're betting. Whether it's a team looking past this week's opponent, one coming off a hard-fought victory, or a rough patch of schedule, bettors can find ...
- Thu, 27 Aug 2015 17:33:00 +0000: Commitment Progress Report - Scout.com > HS > Alabama Team
The season kicked off for several Ole Miss commitments last week. The Ole Miss Spirit has the full report.
- Thu, 27 Aug 2015 14:12:00 +0000: Threat Likes Defense For Toros And Tigers - Scout.com > HS > Alabama Team
Auburn linebacker commitment Tre Threat discusses Spanish Fort's opening night win, the defense for the Toros what he has seen from Will Muschamp's Tigers in preseason practice and more.
- Thu, 27 Aug 2015 11:45:00 +0000: USC Commit Velus Jones to Visit SEC Schools - Scout.com > HS > Alabama Team
SARALAND, Ala. — USC commit Velus Jones still is solid to the Trojans, but he is eyeing two visits to schools in the SEC...
- Wed, 26 Aug 2015 17:36:00 +0000: Auburn Commit Malik Miller In Action - Scout.com > HS > Alabama Team
Check out Auburn commitment Malik Miller in action against Leeds in the season opener.
- Wed, 26 Aug 2015 12:15:00 +0000: P.J. Blue Talks South Carolina Gamecocks - Scout.com > HS > Alabama Team
MONTGOMERY, Ala. — P.J. Blue feels good about his South Carolina commit and he gives insight to where he will play, what he thinks of Steve Spurrier, and more here...
- Mon, 24 Aug 2015 20:06:54 +0000: The Legend of Leonard: Can LSU Captalize.. - And The Valley Shook: FanShots
- Wed, 19 Aug 2015 19:26:42 +0000: Safety Jalen Mills Suffers Leg Injury - And The Valley Shook: FanShots
The Advocate's Ross Dellenger is reporting two games, other reports have it being more severe. We'll have more when it's revealed.
- Tue, 18 Aug 2015 19:53:41 +0000: Marcus Spears (and some other people) Bringing SEC Nation to LSU - And The Valley Shook: FanShots
The mini-Gameday comes back to LSU this year for the Auburn Game in week 3. Hopefully they'll stay around the Natatorium and off the Parade Grounds.
Since Tebow is off trying to get a roster spot with the Eagles, this season the crew of Spears, Joe Tessitore, Kaylee Hartung, and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named will be joined by " Honk If You Sacked" Greg McElroy. I trust we'll give him a "warm" welcome.
- Sat, 15 Aug 2015 19:51:01 +0000: Highlights of LSU Basketball from down under. - And The Valley Shook: FanShots
<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/136388178" width="500" height="281" allowfullscreen="true"></iframe> LSU Australian Tour: Game 1 vs. Newcastle Highlights from LSU Basketball on Vimeo.
Guys, it looks like we're going to be really, really good at bouncy hoops this year. Check out the highlights from the first Australian exhibition game. Granted, it's tough to gauge the level of competition, but that's a pro Aussie team on their home turf. Pretty good first look at our youthful Tigers. It's going to be a really fun year at LSU!
- Fri, 14 Aug 2015 19:10:56 +0000: LSU Football and Baseball Equipment Sale This Weekend - And The Valley Shook: FanShots
LSU Football and Baseball Equipment Sale This Weekend
BATON ROUGE – The LSU SportShop will hold a tent sale on Sunday with numerous unique football and baseball items as part of LSU’s Fan Day activities.
The tent sale will be located in the northeast section of Bernie Moore Track Stadium and will be open from 10 a.m. through 6:30 p.m. CT.
Additionally, the LSU SportShop will have a retail stand in the Carl Maddox Field House during Fan Day activities where fans can purchase items to be autographed along with other LSU merchandise.
The main location of the LSU SportShop (next to Mike the Tiger’s Habitat) will also be open from 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. and carries a wide variety of new 2015 LSU merchandise for kids, women and men.
LSU's annual football fan day will start at 3:30 p.m. and will run until 6:30 p.m. Fan Day will be held in both the LSU basketball practice facility as well as the Carl Maddox Field House. The LSU football team and coaching staff will sign autographs and meet with fans from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Doors to both facilities will open at 3:30 p.m.
It appears this weekend will be the semi-regular sale of used football and baseball equipment that LSU does about once a year. Usually, there's a ton of game worn jerseys and equipment that are hard to find otherwise. Want a gold LSU baseball jersey? This is probably your best shot at getting one.