- Fri, 26 Dec 2008 18:40:47 +0000: Creating The Perfect Playoff Plan (Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The BCS) - MrSEC » X Statistics and Analysis
I want a college football playoff. Let’s say that right up front. I think it’s ridiculous to think that there is one sport in all the world that is NOT [...]
The post Creating The Perfect Playoff Plan (Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The BCS) appeared first on MrSEC.
- Tue, 16 Dec 2008 22:08:37 +0000: MrSEC’s BCS National Title Game Prediction (Our Fuzzy Math Never Fails) - MrSEC » X Statistics and Analysis
Let me start out by saying that this is hardly an accurate way to predict the outcome of a ballgame. So before any stats majors start sending me nasty emails [...]
The post MrSEC’s BCS National Title Game Prediction (Our Fuzzy Math Never Fails) appeared first on MrSEC.
- Tue, 05 Aug 2008 22:09:00 +0000: RUSHING, PASSING, OR STOPPING THE RUSH OR PASS: WHAT’S THE BIGGEST KEY TO VICTORY IN THE SEC? - MrSEC » X Statistics and Analysis
The old adage says that you have to be able to run the football and stop the run to win in the SEC. But that was before Steve Spurrier entered [...]
The post RUSHING, PASSING, OR STOPPING THE RUSH OR PASS: WHAT’S THE BIGGEST KEY TO VICTORY IN THE SEC? appeared first on MrSEC.
- Mon, 07 Jul 2008 13:03:00 +0000: THE BEST OF THE BEST OF THE BEST IN SEC FOOTBALL - MrSEC » X Statistics and Analysis
Last week, Jimmy Hyams broke down the records of the SEC’s best football programs over the past 25 years. This week, another panelist on “The Sports Source” tv show (which [...]
- Mon, 16 Jun 2008 22:08:00 +0000: RECRUITING RANKINGS NOT PERFECT, BUT THEY DO PROVIDE HINTS TO SUCCESS - MrSEC » X Statistics and Analysis
Every February, SEC fans go ga-ga over recruiting rankings. It’s the equivalent of baseball’s hot stove league… when every team still has a chance, still has reason to hope. But [...]
The post RECRUITING RANKINGS NOT PERFECT, BUT THEY DO PROVIDE HINTS TO SUCCESS appeared first on MrSEC.
- Sun, 01 Mar 2015 05:00:00 +0000: Johnson's career-best 28 leads South Carolina past Bulldogs - The Sun Herald -- Mississippi State
COLUMBIA, S.C. -- Tyrone Johnson scored a career-high 28 points to lead South Carolina to an 81-68 win over Mississippi State on Saturday night.
- Sat, 28 Feb 2015 05:00:00 +0000: MSU edges Arizona on diamond, remains unbeaten - The Sun Herald -- Mississippi State
STARKVILLE-- No. 13 Mississippi State moved to 10-0 with a 4-2 win over Arizona on Friday at Dudy Noble Field. The Bulldogs are 10-0 for the fifth time in program…
- Fri, 27 Feb 2015 03:00:00 +0000: MSU, Dan Mullen announce contract extension - The Sun Herald -- Mississippi State
JACKSON -- Mississippi State Director of Athletics Scott Stricklin announced a contract extension through the 2018 season for head football coach Dan Mullen on Thursday evening at the Central Mississippi…
- Thu, 26 Feb 2015 05:00:00 +0000: No. 1 Kentucky stands at 28-0, tops Bulldogs - The Sun Herald -- Mississippi State
STARKVILLE-- On a roster full of superstars, top-ranked Kentucky's Trey Lyles often is an afterthought.
- Thu, 26 Feb 2015 05:00:00 +0000: Booker overcomes slow start - The Sun Herald -- Mississippi State
STARKVILLE-- On a cold and snowy night at Humphrey Coliseum, Kentucky guard Devin Booker returned to the state of Mississippi for the first time since graduating from Moss Point High…
- Wed, 11 Feb 2015 21:51:00 +0000: Early NCAAF conference championship odds released - Covers.com: NCAAF News and Stories
It can never be too early to be looking toward next season and if you're itching to wager some football action, 5Dimes has your back. The sportsbooks released their odds for the NCAAF conference championships Wednesday.
- Mon, 02 Feb 2015 09:54:00 +0000: Capping the 2015 Heisman Trophy candidates - Covers.com: NCAAF News and Stories
The Heisman Trophy is the most prestigious individual award in college football and it seems like we start talking about it earlier every year. Some early odds have already been released so let's take a look at one favorite, a couple of value picks a...
- Thu, 15 Jan 2015 10:11:00 +0000: Scenes from Sin City: Will Smith - No, not that Will Smith - cashes big on Buckeyes - Covers.com: NCAAF News and Stories
Each week during football season, Covers writer Colin Kelly will be in the Las Vegas sportsbooks profiling bettors just like you, sharing their Sin City stories, big wins, bad beats, and all the fun stuff that's supposed to "stay in Vegas.”
- Thu, 15 Jan 2015 09:48:00 +0000: Four live long shots to win the next NCAAF National Championship - Covers.com: NCAAF News and Stories
The first ever College Football Playoff is in the books, with the Ohio State Buckeyes taking home the trophy, and oddsmakers are already looking forward to next year’s playoff. The Las Vegas Westgate Superbook has released early futures on who will w...
- Tue, 13 Jan 2015 13:00:00 +0000: Ohio State's upset win hands sportsbooks loss in National Championship - Covers.com: NCAAF News and Stories
The Oregon Ducks weren’t the only ones feeling the sting of Ohio State’s stunning 42-20 win in the National Championship Game Monday. Sportsbooks, online and in Nevada, took a loss as well, with plenty of action on the Buckeyes to win outright.
- Sun, 01 Mar 2015 00:19:00 +0000: Mag Excerpt: Washington Feels Harbaugh Effect - Scout.com > HS > Alabama Team
The next issue of GoBlueWolverine the Magazine is our 2015 Recruiting Yearbook. In this excerpt we highlight Keith Washington's journey to Michigan. The Prattville (Ala.) athlete didn't need to visit Michigan to know it was for him.
- Sat, 28 Feb 2015 23:22:00 +0000: Auburn Feels Like Home For Miller - Scout.com > HS > Alabama Team
Big back Malik Miller discusses his Saturday visit to see the Auburn Tigers.
- Fri, 27 Feb 2015 21:48:00 +0000: Miller, 5-Star OT Headline Weekend Visitors - Scout.com > HS > Alabama Team
Madison Academy standout Malik Miller as well as five-star offensive tackle Richard Merritt headline the potential visit list this weekend for the Auburn Tigers.
- Fri, 27 Feb 2015 06:29:00 +0000: Auburn, Duke 1st Two Offers For 2017 Prospect - Scout.com > HS > Alabama Team
2017 defensive line prospect Ryan Johnson from St. Paul's in Mobile added his first two offers this week as Auburn and Duke were the first of what should be many for the talented sophomore.
- Thu, 26 Feb 2015 19:59:00 +0000: Eagles Offer Talented QB - Scout.com > HS > Alabama Team
Zac Thomas is off to a flying start recruiting wise as several schools are getting in on the talented signal caller. He talked about the latest with GoldenEaglePride.com.
- Fri, 27 Feb 2015 21:22:52 +0000: Iron Brewer Festival Saturday in Baton Rouge - And The Valley Shook: FanShots
Come on out to Tin Roof's brewery over on Nicholson tomorrow with a canned good to support the Baton Rouge Food Bank and drink all the delicious home-brewed beer you can from 1-4:30 p.m.
Seriously, it's a great time for a great cause.
- Fri, 27 Feb 2015 16:46:56 +0000: #LSU is #DBU - And The Valley Shook: FanShots
Ryan Clark. Corey Webster. Chevis Jackson. Laron Landry. Craig Steltz. Patrick Peterson. Tharold Simon. Brandon Taylor. Tyrann Mathieu. Eric Reid. Mo Claiborne. Ron Brooks. Jalen Collins. Jalen Mills. Tre'Davious White. Jamal Adams. Kevin Toliver. Donte Jackson. Xavier Lewis. Saivion Smith.
- Thu, 26 Feb 2015 14:42:30 +0000: Great Interview with Anthony Smith, father of 5 star Saivion Smith - And The Valley Shook: FanShots
Listen in to this great interview by Culotta and the Prince. Smith talks about his son's decision, why he chose LSU and the road ahead from here.
- Fri, 20 Feb 2015 02:50:57 +0000: No. 2 Gymnastics to Meet No. 3 Florida Friday Night - And The Valley Shook: FanShots
If you're in Baton Rouge and looking for something to do on Friday, come help pack the PMAC for gymnastics in this big top-five matchup. Tickets run as low as $2. PMAC box office opens at 6 p.m.
- Wed, 18 Feb 2015 22:31:28 +0000: Former Tiger Ryan Clark Announces NFL Retirement - And The Valley Shook: FanShots
The former LSU safety announces his retirement after 13 seasons in the NFL with the Redskins and Pittsburgh Steelers. Clark will become a full-time NFL analyst for ESPN. If you've ever seen Clark on TV, there's little doubt he'll do a fantastic job.