- Fri, 26 Dec 2008 18:40:47 +0000: Creating The Perfect Playoff Plan (Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The BCS) - MrSEC » X Statistics and Analysis
I want a college football playoff. Let’s say that right up front. I think it’s ridiculous to think that there is one sport in all the world that is NOT [...]
The post Creating The Perfect Playoff Plan (Or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The BCS) appeared first on MrSEC.
- Tue, 16 Dec 2008 22:08:37 +0000: MrSEC’s BCS National Title Game Prediction (Our Fuzzy Math Never Fails) - MrSEC » X Statistics and Analysis
Let me start out by saying that this is hardly an accurate way to predict the outcome of a ballgame. So before any stats majors start sending me nasty emails [...]
The post MrSEC’s BCS National Title Game Prediction (Our Fuzzy Math Never Fails) appeared first on MrSEC.
- Tue, 05 Aug 2008 22:09:00 +0000: RUSHING, PASSING, OR STOPPING THE RUSH OR PASS: WHAT’S THE BIGGEST KEY TO VICTORY IN THE SEC? - MrSEC » X Statistics and Analysis
The old adage says that you have to be able to run the football and stop the run to win in the SEC. But that was before Steve Spurrier entered [...]
The post RUSHING, PASSING, OR STOPPING THE RUSH OR PASS: WHAT’S THE BIGGEST KEY TO VICTORY IN THE SEC? appeared first on MrSEC.
- Mon, 07 Jul 2008 13:03:00 +0000: THE BEST OF THE BEST OF THE BEST IN SEC FOOTBALL - MrSEC » X Statistics and Analysis
Last week, Jimmy Hyams broke down the records of the SEC’s best football programs over the past 25 years. This week, another panelist on “The Sports Source” tv show (which [...]
- Mon, 16 Jun 2008 22:08:00 +0000: RECRUITING RANKINGS NOT PERFECT, BUT THEY DO PROVIDE HINTS TO SUCCESS - MrSEC » X Statistics and Analysis
Every February, SEC fans go ga-ga over recruiting rankings. It’s the equivalent of baseball’s hot stove league… when every team still has a chance, still has reason to hope. But [...]
The post RECRUITING RANKINGS NOT PERFECT, BUT THEY DO PROVIDE HINTS TO SUCCESS appeared first on MrSEC.
- Fri, 24 Apr 2015 17:25:00 +0000: UPDATE: Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State - The Sun Herald -- Mississippi State
Mississippi's top basketball recruit has made his college decision official.
- Wed, 22 Apr 2015 22:29:00 +0000: St. Stanislaus QB Myles Brennan earns first offer from South Alabama - Will others soon follow suit? - The Sun Herald -- Mississippi State
St. Stanislaus' Myles Brennan got a jump start on what's looking like a jam-packed summer on Wednesday when South Alabama officially offered.
- Wed, 22 Apr 2015 20:11:00 +0000: Report: Malik Newman plans to commit to Mississippi State - The Sun Herald -- Mississippi State
Jackson's Malik Newman is considered one of the best players in the nation.
- Tue, 21 Apr 2015 22:29:00 +0000: Ole Miss' Henderson reminds Erin Andrews he doesn't forget; MSU's Robinson pays it forward - The Sun Herald -- Mississippi State
Marshall Henderson may be a lot of things, but forgetful isn't one of them.
- Mon, 20 Apr 2015 18:14:00 +0000: Ole Miss' Henderson reminds Erin Andrews he doesn't forget; MSU's Robinson pays it forward - The Sun Herald -- Mississippi State
Marshall Henderson may be a lot of things, but forgetful isn't one of them.
- Sat, 11 Apr 2015 11:22:00 +0000: Bet on who you think will make the NCAAF Playoff - Covers.com: NCAAF News and Stories
Offshore book 5Dimes has you covered if you're looking to get an early bet in on the 2015-16 college football season. Odds for who will make the four-team playoff next season unsurprisingly have this year's champs, Ohio State, at the top of the list.
- Wed, 18 Mar 2015 17:25:00 +0000: Cameron Smith to miss upcoming season for Arizona State - Covers.com: NCAAF News and Stories
The Arizona State Sun Devils were hoping for the best, but got the worst. After missing practices and the Sun Bowl to close out last season, WR Cameron Smith will miss the upcoming college football season with a knee injury.
- Sun, 15 Mar 2015 14:00:00 +0000: TCU's Boykin the fave to win 2015-16 Heisman Trophy - Covers.com: NCAAF News and Stories
It's never too early to place futures bets, and if you're looking to cash in on the 2015-16 NCAA's top player one online book has you covered.
- Wed, 11 Feb 2015 21:51:00 +0000: Early NCAAF conference championship odds released - Covers.com: NCAAF News and Stories
It can never be too early to be looking toward next season and if you're itching to wager some football action, 5Dimes has your back. The sportsbooks released their odds for the NCAAF conference championships Wednesday.
- Mon, 02 Feb 2015 09:54:00 +0000: Capping the 2015 Heisman Trophy candidates - Covers.com: NCAAF News and Stories
The Heisman Trophy is the most prestigious individual award in college football and it seems like we start talking about it earlier every year. Some early odds have already been released so let's take a look at one favorite, a couple of value picks a...
- Fri, 24 Apr 2015 00:29:00 +0000: 4-star CB John Broussard to visit LSU Friday - Scout.com > HS > Alabama Team
Four-star cornerback John Broussard is set to visit LSU on Friday, about two weeks before he's set to announce his commitment.
- Thu, 23 Apr 2015 16:29:00 +0000: ITAT HD: Threat Talks Auburn Commitment - Scout.com > HS > Alabama Team
Physical linebacker Tre Threat talks about his commitment to the Auburn Tigers.
- Thu, 23 Apr 2015 16:12:00 +0000: Sizing Up Auburn Commitment Tre Threat - Scout.com > HS > Alabama Team
An analysis of the potential is featured on Auburn's new football commitment, Tre Threat.
- Thu, 23 Apr 2015 16:00:00 +0000: Threat's A Tiger - Scout.com > HS > Alabama Team
Spanish Fort linebacker Tre Threat talks about his commitment to Auburn on Thursday why he chose the Tigers over Ole Miss, Alabama and several other college football programs.
- Wed, 22 Apr 2015 13:42:00 +0000: Tillman Talks Maroon and White Game - Scout.com > HS > Alabama Team
Dothan, Alabama standout Caleb Tillman was one of the first players to commit to Mississippi State for the 2016 signing class. The Northview High product has put together a solid resume during his high school career, developing a reputation as a relentless pass rusher. This past weekend, Tillman was back in Starkville to see the Bulldogs generate some pressure of their own.
- Thu, 23 Apr 2015 14:00:31 +0000: The Advocate Looks Back at the Birth of the LSU Baseball Dynasty - And The Valley Shook: FanShots
I wanted to write about the LSU win in the '89 College Station regional, but the Advocate stole all of the thunder. Go read it. It's amazing. The 89 team is the rock upon which the Church of LSU Baseball is built.
- Wed, 22 Apr 2015 17:02:12 +0000: SEC Activates SECN-A for National Broadcast of LSU-A&M GM2 - And The Valley Shook: FanShots
Game 2, Friday, April 24, will now have an additional television viewing option, airing on the SEC Network Alternate channel at 8 p.m. ET. The game will also be available on SEC Network + through WatchESPN.
"Southeastern Conference fans are the beneficiaries of a quality content surplus in spring sports and this weekend’s one vs. two series is a prime example," said Dan Margulis, ESPN senior director of programming, who recently discussed SEC Network viewing options on ESPN Front Row. "While Game 2 was not originally slated on the television schedule, the creation of SEC Network gives us the flexibility to find a platform to carry this game nationally."
- Fri, 17 Apr 2015 14:25:55 +0000: No wonder Cameron said Fournette was the most improved player at spring practice! - And The Valley Shook: FanShots
- Wed, 08 Apr 2015 22:58:24 +0000: Cam Cameron Talks LSU Offense on Culotta & The Prince - And The Valley Shook: FanShots
LSU's offensive coordinator talks spring practice, including improved players. Leonard Fournette is cited as the most improved player on the team.
Think about that.
- Tue, 31 Mar 2015 17:22:46 +0000: Jordan Mickey announces he's entering the draft via text message - And The Valley Shook: FanShots
Today I will be announcing that I will forego my final two years of eligibility here at LSU and enter my name in the 2015 NBA Draft.
After discussing my options with my family, I believe this is the time to move on and accept new challenges at the next level. I want to first thank God for giving me the talent to play the game that I love so much. I want to thank my Mom and Dad for all the support they have (given) me over the years. Last but not least, I want to thank the coaching staff, teammates and the LSU fans. I will always be a Tiger at heart forever.